Concerns about outbreaks?
BE is not new to handling Health Crises!
The Body Electric School was founded in response to the AIDS Epidemic to provide quality workshops designed with your care in mind. Our principles and practices have evolved with each new health crisis that has affected our community. We acknowledge that safety is never a guarantee, however, we follow the science to minimize risks.
To support the wellbeing of you and others attending the workshop, we ask you to familiarize yourself with our Circle of Care Protocols listed here.
We ask you to step into a “Circle of Care” for yourself and the group leading up to the workshop. To do so, we ask you to consider implementing these protocols for yourself.
The Workshop fee includes tuition only. All accommodation, meals and travel to and from the venue is at the expense of the participant. If you need financial support, you can apply for a Scholarship. Discounts are available to Members. Join here.
Your Coordinator for this workshop is Noel. If you have any questions please reach out to him at email@example.com.
* Cis Men
* Cis Man: A cis man, shorthand for “cisgender man,” is a non-trans man—a man whose assigned sex at birth is male, and whose gender identity aligns with that typically culturally associated with his sex. This distinguishes him from trans men, shorthand for “transgender men”—men who were initially assigned a female sex at birth, but exist as men. If you identify as a man but are not a transgender man, you’re a cis man.
All participants, faculty, and staff must meet one of the following conditions to participate in an in-person Body Electric workshop at this time:
- Be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination (boosters remain optional)
- Have a medical exemption and show proof of medical exemption
- Have had a prior covid infection (any variant) and show valid current proof (within 6 weeks) of the prior covid infection (e.g., positive PCR test result, signed letter from a physician)
- In addition to one of these requirements, we will continue to require rapid antigen testing prior to our events.
- If any retreat facility that we are renting to host an event has more stringent requirements we will be obliged to adhere to those requirements. If a retreat facility does not meet our requirements we will need to reconsider using that facility or negotiate so that we can maintain the integrity of our protocols.
The Body Electric School will require you to show proof of one of the above options upon arrival at the workshop venue.
To ensure the safety of everyone, we are requiring all participants to take a rapid Covid test upon arrival at the venue. All participants are asked to either:
- Purchase a COVID Test Kit prior to arriving at the venue. You can find them online or at a local CVS or Walmart. Upon arrival, we will administer your rapid test before entering the workshop space. (This test kit has two tests and we recommend that you take a rapid test before traveling to the workshop to avoid unnecessary travel if you have contracted Covid).
- If you cannot find a rapid test in your area, we will have some available for a charge of $15.
Thank you for adhering to these protocols as we strive to make the safest container possible for our work.
For more information on our policy, click here.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
We understand unavoidable circumstances may happen. We ask that you give us as much advance notice as possible if you need to postpone or transfer a workshop date or offering. Once you are confirmed in a workshop, your payment is non-refundable. If you need to postpone, Body Electric has many workshops, both in-person and online, where you may transfer all or part of your workshop fee.
Credits are held for 12 months from the date of postponement.
We will only credit/transfer the total amount that you paid for a workshop. Should The Body Electric School cancel a workshop, any payments made will be refunded in full or credited to another workshop at the discretion of the registrar. For any situation out of our control such as weather, retreat center closings or disasters, pandemics or government-forced shutdowns, there will be no refund, but a tuition credit will be held for one year to apply to another Body Electric workshop. After one year there will be no further credit or transfer.
More information on our Cancellation and Refund policy is available here.